Tuesday, May 6, 2008

one of my personal treasure finds


I wanted to share with you one of my very favorite "finds". I found this piece in Moss Landing CA about 20 years ago at an antique store. I got lucky and purchased this for 12.00. Its done on a porcelain tile stamped KPM on the back. I have no clue as to its age. Artist signature Lillian Walls. I did a google and found no information about this artist. I did however, find quite a few porcelain tile artists dating way back.
I adore this painting and I hate that I have it packed away. Someday, when my walls are not made out of ROCK I can hang this and enjoy it like I used too.
Anybody else have a found treasure that is so wonderful they can hardly stand it? Post it!

6 comments:

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hey Janell, Still searching for that something extra special.

Your find is great!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Lovely piece Janell!

Popping in here to say hello & thank you for being a great blogging friend!

Best,
CK :)

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Great treasure you found !!! I've used those new 3M strips to hang pictures and they are removable.

~dani~ said...

The fact that you love it still as much as when you found it shows what a great piece it is. I have one painting I feel that way about. Someday, I will show you. Happy Creating~

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Janell-- those strips I was talking about are called 3M Command Strips and I get them at Target or Wal-mart.

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Great suggestion Marie but I think it still would not work. My walls are actual rocks. I am just keeping my paintings and wall hangings in a safe place. There they wait for our next "move". :)

Cotton spun fun!

 Its been a bit dusty in here! No posts for months... so sorry. With the holidays behind us I've been ramping up for 2024. What's ne...