Saturday, August 11, 2012

thoughts

Gas, clay, paint, postage, supplies to do what I do have all gone up since I started this way back when. The first few years when we are learning our trade we adjust prices according to time and skill. Hence, way back in 1995 I could say easily that one of my characters were around 45.00. They were nice. Showed plenty of my style, whatever that is. But I was new at this. I had the love, the drive and the passion to keep at it. A few years into it, say around 1998, after I felt confident that I was creating art to the best of my ability I increased my prices. Everything was going up and we must follow in order to make a living. Why am I saying this? Because I have kept my prices the same for all these 14+ years. For the new collector you might not know where I have been or what I have learned along the way. I want you to enjoy my art. I love to hear from you, sharing with me that the little character you have in hand has brought a little grin to your face. Its not ego. Oh not at all. Its about sharing my passion with you. That makes me so very very happy :)

No comments:

Cotton spun fun!

 Its been a bit dusty in here! No posts for months... so sorry. With the holidays behind us I've been ramping up for 2024. What's ne...