Tuesday, April 26, 2011

cut out brown bag pumpkin man


I've been gone for a few days because of a move. Unfortunately it was not to the coast. If you follow my blog you know that move is always in the back of my mind and forever etched in my heart. But its not time yet... For now I have settled in a small town just south of where I was prior. Its nice. Interesting... small, dated, friendly. Good for now I suppose. This little house will suit my needs as I explore my new life. Hopefully creativity comes into full bloom. We will see. I am hopeful.

Exploring some new idea's brought me to sketching on brown paper bags. I just love the grit and tooth of brown bags. Add some charcoal, pencil, watercolor and here is what came to mind. I also cut him out in hopes of doing something with him. What is is, I do not know... not yet. That will be tomorrow. I did enjoy the freedom of a pencil vs clay. So relaxing. No, I'm not giving up clay. Just taking a few days off with my old stick friends :)

No comments:

Cotton spun fun!

 Its been a bit dusty in here! No posts for months... so sorry. With the holidays behind us I've been ramping up for 2024. What's ne...