Thursday, April 24, 2008

half a day at the lake with Roxy




Spent a half a day at the lake today. No rain!! Ya! Although still chilly here in Oregon. Roxy had a wonderful time. She loves rocks and as you can see from the picture she was in heaven. So many to choose from! She loved checking out the geese. Almost too much... So many people are shocked to hear that Standard poodles have that bird hunting instinct but its true. Believe me. The last trip to the river was frightening. She jumped right into the swift current of the river in an attempt to get the birds! Now, she is leashed. Close call....

4 comments:

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I see that Roxy has grown out her hair again....she's so cute!
Come check out my pics on my new Flicker account...I'm so excited about this, I don't know why it took me so long to do it!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend the day! It looks like maybe Roxy has forgiven you. And what is it with dogs and rocks? My two do the same thing. Chew on them, carry them around......I dont' get it.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Beautiful pics and Roxy is such a ham!

Bet that freaked you out when she hopped in the river! Yikes!

TGIF!

CK :)

Unknown said...

Yes, Standard Poodles were originally bred for hunting. I have three Standards at the moment.

I have a website all about Standard Poodles and I'm working on a page all about Hunting Poodles, which I hope to get up soon. Check out my site.

http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com

Cotton spun fun!

 Its been a bit dusty in here! No posts for months... so sorry. With the holidays behind us I've been ramping up for 2024. What's ne...